Great Hearts Summer Programs
Our Great Hearts team is excited to announce our 2019 Summer Camp! Our full-day summer camp is an experience for children K-5th grade that is reminiscent of traditional camps from our childhood with the same quality you have come to expect from Great Hearts. Each week, scholars will experience hands-on, engaging activities in fine arts, reading, writing, crafts, science, math, and history – all designed to inspire creativity and keep skills sharp over the summer. Each Camp also offers weekly guest presenters, camp songs, and games while fostering lasting friendships. Camps Start June 3rd. Summer Camp runs from 8:15am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
Please click on your campus below for schedule and pricing:
Please note: Registration closes at 12:00pm the Thursday before Camp begins. Please check your academy page for specific registration deadline dates.
No refunds after May 1st. $15 change fee per camp.
- Engages scholars in relevant learning activities throughout the summer months.
- Open to current Great Hearts students and waitlisted families.
- Campers are grouped appropriately by age for all activities and supervised by trained teachers.
- Uniforms NOT required! Any Great Hearts purchased shirt or solid color shirt allowed. Sneakers and shorts highly encouraged (navy, khaki and black only, not form fitting or above thigh, athletic shorts allowed). NO flip-flops or sandals.
- Theme-related presenters will be a part of each week’s unique schedule.
- Friendship, citizenship and laughter seen and heard, Monday – Friday!
- Daily, four hour camp designed to help students transition to the classroom community with ease.
- Students will practice fundamental skills, following directions and learn teacher expectations from our veteran teachers.
- Students will learn the joy that comes from learning to demonstrate self-control, build confidence through accomplishing new tasks and start making new friends.
- Students will wear the academy uniform as outlined in the family handbook.
Spalding and Singapore Bootcamp
- Designed for current and new to Great Hearts students who would benefit from remedial work with experienced Great Hearts teachers.
- Students will receive a thorough review of the Spalding phonograms, work the most frequently misspelled words from the Ayer’s list, improve letter formation and overall handwriting, and work on fluency and decoding in an effort to increase reading speed and comprehension.
- Students will be reacquainted with or introduced to the “why” behind the “how” in the math concepts foundational to the previous year’s level. This may include number sense, number bonds, place value, word problems, math computation, mental math, geometry, and personal finance.
- Bootcamp runs from 8:15 am to 12:15 pm Monday through Friday. Scholars attending this program have the option to register for Summer Camp for the afternoon at a discounted price.
For any questions or enrollment assistance, please contact Programs@GreatHeartsTX.org