Average Teacher Salaries – Arizona Network
|(A.R.S. §15-903.E, amended by Laws 2018, Ch. 285, §10)|
|1.||Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2019 (budget year)||$41,224|
|2.||Average salary of all teachers employed in FY 2018 (prior year)||$37,486|
|3.||Increase in average teacher salary from the prior year||$3,737|
Comments on average salary calculation:
· For the purpose of this disclosure, “teacher” is defined as a “returning teacher.”
· Returning teachers received an average salary increase of 10% in FY19.
· Salaries for new teachers are based on the faculty candidate’s level of education and relevant teaching experience. Increase in pay is available to faculty for educational advancement to a Master’s degree or Doctorate.
· Returning Teaching Assistants received a 5% wage increase.
· Prop. 301 teacher bonus funding is not included in these calculations.
· 2017/2018 teacher increases were 2% (1% was funded by the State).