Great Hearts Summer Programs
Weekly Camps from June 3 – 28, 2019
Great Hearts is excited to announce our 2019 Summer Camp! Our full day summer camp is reminiscent of traditional camps from our childhood with the same quality you have come to expect from Great Hearts. Each week, scholars will experience hands-on, engaging activities in fine arts, reading, writing, crafts, science, math, and history – all designed to inspire creativity and keep skills sharp over the summer. Each Camp also offers weekly guest presenters, camp songs and games while fostering lasting friendships.
*Children must be 5 by the Monday of camp week. For help registering a current 4-year-old that will meet the age requirement, please contact Programs@GreatHeartsAZ.org
No refunds after May 1st. $15 change fee per camp.
- Engages scholars in relevant learning activities throughout the summer months.
- Open to current Great Hearts students, waitlisted families, and students interested in experiencing the Great Hearts environment first-hand.
- Campers are grouped appropriately by age for all activities and supervised by trained teachers.
- Uniforms NOT required! Any Great Hearts purchased shirt or solid color shirt allowed. Sneakers and shorts highly encouraged (navy, khaki and black only, not form fitting or above thigh, athletic shorts allowed). NO flip-flops or sandals.
- Theme-related presenters will be a part of each week’s unique schedule.
- Friendship, citizenship and laughter seen and heard, Monday – Friday!
- Daily, four hour camp designed to ignite creativity for incoming Kindergarteners and acclimate them to the Archway Schools and Great Hearts curriculum.
- Each week, students experience a new theme and are taken on an adventure to practice the skills needed in Kindergarten.
- Students introduced to letter names, letter sounds, letter formation, print awareness, number sense and the importance of the Archway virtues.
Click a campus below for schedule and pricing:
Quotes from our previous Summer Program families:
“This was our first year at Summer Camp. It blew away our expectations! We have nothing but positive feedback”.
“My daughter always looked forward to showing off whatever she made, etc. It was nice to see the kids so excited about what they had created”.
“The things my child learned and the types of projects she worked on were great! She had a lot of fun and wanted to show everyone what she learned.”
“We will be back next year!”
“[Kinder Academy] and Camp are worth it. We plan on doing it for both kids every year. My son is starting kinder in the fall and he was very anxious about it. This gave him a taste of school on a smaller scale and he is now very excited to start kinder. He knows what to expect, knows the school and is starting to know the routines so transition to “real school” will go MUCH smoother. I’m so glad we made the choice to do this. It helped him so much.”
For any questions or help, please contact Programs@GreatHeartsAZ.org