Headmasters and the Great Hearts Talent Team are well underway with our most important annual search . . . for intellectually, morally, and aesthetically lively individuals like you, to join our endeavor in providing the very best education for our students. With the growth of our academies in Arizona and Texas, we expect to hire approximately 350 teachers and apprentice teachers this season – and we need your help. Please see below for updates regarding 18-19 opportunities within the network and specific ways you can continue to strengthen our recruiting efforts. If you have questions, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the Word…
Experience tells us there’s no better source for recruiting excellent new talent than through you – our current talent! If you know someone that may love working with us, copy and paste this in an email to them: I think you may really enjoy teaching at Great Hearts where I work. Take a look at this email to learn more about Great Hearts or take a look at their website!
When you refer someone, fill out the referral form!
Great Hearts will issue a $350 referral bonus (subject to payroll tax) for candidates successfully referred and hired through this process (see referral form more details and restrictions). Submit a referral here.
The 2018-19 academic year will bring a significant number of Assistant Headmaster, Dean, Grade-level Lead, Subject-area Master Teacher, and even network Lead Office opportunities, for which we’re eager to receive interest and application from our own faculty and staff . Current active searches include:
- Assistant Headmaster – Western Hills (opening with K-5), San Antonio
- Leadership Team role – Monte Vista K-5, San Antonio
- Leadership Team role (with teaching) – Northern Oaks 6-12, San Antonio
- Leadership Team role(s) (with and without teaching) – Irving K-5
- Dean of Academics and Operational Support roles (with teaching) – Lincoln Prep, Chandler
In addition to opening a new academy in San Antonio – Great Hearts Western Hills – a number of our other academies are experiencing significant expansion (Maryvale, Archway Scottsdale, and Archway Veritas). Each of these schools are eager to seed/scaffold their growth with GH-experienced teachers. These “teaching leadership” roles are essential to the cultural continuity of our academies, and represent wonderful growth and development opportunities for our faculty.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities, or in other Academy Leadership Team roles which may arise for 18-19, please inform your Headmaster, apply online, and send a note of interest/inquiry to the relevant Headmaster, copying email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Do If Interested in Working at Another Great Hearts School
If you are interested in teaching at a Great Hearts school other than the one at which you currently work for the 2018-2019 academic year, you need to do three things as soon as possible:
- Inform your current Head of School of your interest in teaching/leading at another academy. Note: this step is required before interviewing with another GH Headmaster.
- Complete an online application for the position (logging in as a “previous applicant”)
- Send a note of interest to us at email@example.com (as we assist Headmasters with their key searches/openings).