Great Hearts Announces Newest Campus in Phoenix
Leading Valley charter network to build new facility to house North Phoenix academies
PHOENIX, Ariz.—October 24, 2016—Great Hearts Academies has announced plans for its newest campus in Phoenix with a ground-up build at the northwest corner of 32nd St. and Hearn. The campus will serve as a new home to two of the network’s growing academies, Archway North Phoenix and North Phoenix Prep, which opened in 2011 and currently reside in leased space at the Dream City Church property. The new campus will be open for the 2017-2018 school year.
“We are truly excited to continue our growth and investment in North Phoenix while creating more capacity to serve those students currently stranded on our waitlist,” said Ward Huseth, CFO and interim CEO of Great Hearts. “Building a new facility gives us a great opportunity to design a campus that meets the precise needs of our students and our educational model. We look forward to classes starting in August, 2017.”
The new campus will serve students in grades K-12 in co-located academies and will accommodate a total of approximately 1,600 students at full capacity. It will include upgraded classrooms, science labs, student libraries, art studios, music and drama rooms and a full-size gymnasium, in addition to other amenities.
The enrollment period for the new campus is from November 28th through December 12th, 2016. For more information about enrolling please visit the Great Hearts enrollment web page.
About Great Hearts Academies:
Great Hearts is a non-profit network of public charter schools dedicated to improving education nationwide through classical preparatory K-12 academies. As the largest provider of classical education in the country, Great Hearts academies serve more than 13,000 students at 29 public schools in greater Phoenix, Ariz. and San Antonio and Irving, Tex., with waitlists that typically exceed enrollment. Learn more at www.greatheartsamerica.org.
- The Great Hearts SAT average over the past five years is 1210, a 200 point advantage over the national average.
- 98% of Great Hearts graduates immediately attend universities and colleges, with 2% participating in military service or a gap year; 54% of graduates pursue a STEM-focused course of study in college.
- The 340 graduates in the Great Hearts Class of 2016 were admitted to 327 colleges and universities in 46 states and seven countries. In fact, graduates were accepted to 22 of the top 25 national universities according to US News and World Report.
- The class of 2016 received an estimated $50 million in scholarships, averaging out to an astounding $147,000 per student!
- Great Hearts academies performed well above state-wide averages on inaugural AzMERIT scores. Great Hearts’ pass rates were more than double those of peer district schools at the middle and secondary level, and +60% higher than peer institutions in elementary grades.
Director of Communications, Great Hearts